About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cheers for Sweet Sunday Sketch #53

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope your weekend is going well.  I am excited to participate in this week's SSSC by Karen Giron.   I love the layout using both circles and rectangles.  Since I was making this a more masculine card, I decided against using too many embellishments.  The margarita was stamped and colored twice using SU water color markers, with the 2nd one cut out and "popped up" over the first image.  The circles are also raised using dimensionals.  I usually do one or more raised images or elements on all of my cards.  I just like the look.  Finally, I painted Crystal Effects over the image to give it a "glassy" look.





Supplies:   Stamps are from the "Chillax" stamp set by Taylored Expressions and the "Warm Wishes" stamp set by Stampin' Up.  Card stock and DSP from the January 2010 Key Ingredients by Taylored Expressions.  Inks are Momento Tuxedo Black and various SU watercolor markers.  I also used the Textured Impressions Polka Dot embossing folder and the Big Shot by Stampin' Up, stampin' dimensionals, and Stampin' Up Crystal Effects.

Have a great Sunday and thanks for stopping by.
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!