About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Bee Happy" Daisies

Happy Saturday evening all,

I have two cards to share tonight.

My friend needs a card for a co-worker who is moving from San Diego to South Carolina. He has worked with her for many, many years and so he wanted to have something special to send her off with.  Here is what I came up with:


I decided that the daisies would really standout embossed.  Here, I used white ink and white powder on black card stock, so the image really pops.  I first tried the white ink with clear powder but the images were not as bright as I wanted, so I tried the white powder and it made a real difference.



Supplies:
Card stock, DSP, ribbon and polka dot flower are from Taylored Expressions' February Key Ingredients kit.  This is a really fun pack of papers and embellishments. I am on my 2nd six month subscription cycle for the Key Ingredients and I just love them. Stamp set is Daisies, a retired SU set. The center of the daisies are build-a-brad from SU as well as the yellow corduroy button used for the center of the polka dot flower.  Ink for embossing is SU whisper white craft.  Other ink is Memento tuxedo black. White EP, Dimensionals, mini glue dots and pop up glue dots are used.

Next, one of my co-workers turned 40 on Thursday.  We are having a cake for him on Monday and this is his birthday card from me.


Supplies:
Green card stock and DSP are also from the February Key Ingredients and SU brilliant blue card stock is used for accent. Stamps:  The Porsche stamp is from Classic Status Stamp Co., and the greeting is SU.  Chip board numbers are colored with orange ink and glittered.  The Porsche is colored with Copics then covered with Luscious Lime Smooch to give it a metallic paint look.  Inks are Memento Tuxedo Black and Pumpkin Pie.  Dimensionals used to raise the Porsche and circles, and a silver gel pen used for the chrome accents on the Porsche.

That's it for tonight.
Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!