About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Boxes Full of Fun In My Mail

Hi fellow stampers and happy Tuesday,

Every month I receive a box full of FUN delivered in my mail.  It's my Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients subscription.

There are so many reasons to be a Key Ingredients subscriber.  Each month, Taylor puts together coordinating packages of card stock, patterned papers, ribbon and other embellishments that are super fun to use to make stamped cards and projects.  I have been subscribing to the TE Key Ingredients for over a year now and I look forward to every shipment.  Some of the reasons that I love these kits are:  they are geared towards card making, which is what I mostly do, everything in the kit is coordinated, from the papers to the embellishments, and they provide me the opportunity to use some of the "latest trends" in paper crafting supplies that I might not otherwise try or buy. I enjoy using everything that comes in these fun kits!

Another great reason to become a subscriber is that once a month, subscribers only receive 10% off plus free shipping on everything in the TE store.  A few days prior to the monthly release, subscribers receive an
e mail with information about the current month's kit and a list of additional supplies that will coordinate with the kit, such as Copics, inks, chipboard, brads, flowers, etc. This month, Taylor is offering a special promotion:

Key Ingredients Special Promotion
Any current or new subscriber who extends or purchases a Taylored Expressions Six Month Key Ingredients Subscription between June 15th and June 19th will receive a FREE Taylored Expressions stamp set (designed by Taylor herself) upon completion of the six month term.


Now for my cards.
I was SUPER EXCITED when I received an e mail from Taylor asking me to participate in June's Key Ingredients release. I've made two cards to post, both made entirely with supplies from June's KI kit.  Each month with the Key Ingredients release, Taylor includes a subscriber challenge on the TE Key Ingredients blog. For June, the challenge is to use flower embellishments on our cards, either make our own or use the paper flowers that come in this month's kit, or a combination.

My first card uses this past Friday's TESC117 layout.




I've paper pieced Tena's clothing as well as the bakery's awing and wallpaper. The rest of the image is colored with Copics.

And here's my second card, no sketch challenge here, just a fun card:


This card also has paper piecing for cuppies paper, the mixing bowl and the spatula. Coloring is done with Copics.


There is more awesome inspiration for using the June KI kit on the Bakers Dozen and "Friends" blogs.  I've included links to all below.  After you're done being inspired, head on over to the Key Ingredients blog - subscribe - site and sign up for the six month subscription. Then you too can receive a box full FUN in your mail every month (and receive a free stamp set designed by Taylor).

Baker's Dozen blogs: Taylor VanBruggen, Karen Motz, Jeanie Witmer, Alex Maldonado, Carolina Buchting, Jackie PedroSankari Wegman

And Friends blogs: Rosie Hughes, Candace Mitchell, Lisa Hjulberg, Stacey SchaferCassandra Trask, Colleen Begley (me), JoAnn ValderamaTracy Clemente

Supplies:
Card 1
Stamp sets: Bakery Business and Window Shopping by Taylored Expressions
Card stock, patterned papers (Fly a Kite by October Afternoon), ribbon, button are all from the June KI kit
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics
Other: Baby blue and ruby red liquid pearls, yellow Stickles,  scallop boarder, 1 3/8" round, 1 1/4" round, round scallop and corner rounder SU punches, linen twine, and dimensionals

Card 2
Stamp set: Cuppie In the Kitchen by Taylored Expressions
Card stock, patterned paper (Fly a Kite by October Afternoon), ribbon, paper flowers, button are all from the June KI kit
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU real red marker
Other: Expresso dimensional pearls make the chocolate cake batter, classic square, scallop square and classic oval nesties, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

I hope you have enjoyed checking out my June Key Ingredients card designs.  Again, a big THANK YOU to Taylor for inviting me to participate in the June Key Ingredients release blog hop.
Have a great Tuesday all,
Colleen

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...this is sooo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! LOVE Tena in the Bakery shop and that sweet cuppie jumping into the batter - beautiful flower embellishments!
    hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the cards. Like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both super sweet and so fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwie!!! These are FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with this and I'm now not so patiently waiting for my first KI set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are super sweet, Colleen! That batter in Cuppie's bowl looks good enough to eat right off the card!

    Thanks for joining us today!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!