About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Afternoons

How does the song go?

"Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer.  Those days of soda and pretzels and beer. Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer. You'll wish that summer could always be here."  

Well, my card doesn't have any soda, pretzels or beer on it, but it does have other images of summer; a pretty field of flowers, a bird and a dragonfly.

These images come from the newly released "Summer Afternoon" set by Taylored Expressions and I've used it to make a card for the TESC118 sketch challenge. Combined with October Afternoon's Go Fly a Kite patterned paper, it depicts summer pretty well, don't you think?



This is my first attempt at the gathered ribbon look. I wasn't really sure how to make it work, but I think it came out pretty well.  I used a strip of double sided tape on a piece of card stock cut to the length I needed, then just pulled up loops.  There's probably several instruction sets over at splitcoaststampers, but I was too lazy to look it up.

Supplies
Stamps: Summer Afternoon set by Taylored Expressions
Card stock: Bright yellow and choice buttercream from TE
Patterned paper: Go Fly a Kite by October Afternoon (June's Key Ingredients)
Ink: Color Box chalk in warm red and tangerine, SU marina mist and memento tuxedo black
Other: Classic circle nesties, SU crushed curry polka dot ribbon, SU scallop border punch, All Night Media corner punch, Lime smooch, silver pearls, the big shot and dimensionals

Thanks for looking in today.  Tomorrow I have a card made with my first "bella" stamp.  Have a good evening all,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!