About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, August 13, 2010

A Flamboyant Happy Birthday for Color Throwdown 105 and SSS 68

Hello Stampers,

I had the opportunity to do some stamping the last couple of evenings after work.  (I am finally back to work this week after five weeks off for my broken arm, and I couldn't be happier.) I made two cards to share with you.  For the first one, I used the Sweet Stop sketch for the layout and this week's Color Throwdown for the color scheme.




What inspired me to use the retired Voila SU stamp set was the new  Funky Four SU stamp set.  I was playing around with the mushroom stamp making rows of mushrooms.  I thought they would make a good background for something and that's what reminded me of the Voila set.  You know, chefs and mushrooms.  Any way, you see how it turned out.  Since the color scheme is kind of "dark" I added the bling on chef's smock to brighten things up a bit. Chef's smock and hat are paper pieced with the DSP and I used the aqua painter to color the neck cloth, cuff and pants.

Supplies
Stamps: Stampin' Up sets Voila and Funky Four
Card Stock: SU elegant eggplant, soft suede, always artichoke and whisper white
DSP: SU Autumn Traditions, retired
Ink: SU elegant eggplant, always artichoke, sahara sand, and basic black; Copic markers for chef's face and hand
Other: SU soft suede ribbon, SU Ice round brads, SU white brads, SU 1 3/8" circle and scallop circle punches, aqua painter, and dimensionals

My second card will be in a separate post.  Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous - love the image! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card my hubby is a chef and that card would be perfect for him. Great job. Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute! We live near the Mushroom Capital of the World (did you even know there WAS one of them?) so anything mushroomy makes me smile. This chef is darling!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!