About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Manila File Folder Makes a Fun Halloween Project

Hi stampers,
It's been a couple weeks since I've had time to stamp and post to my blog. Busy, busy at work and a weekend spent out of town with friends being the causes.

Last Saturday when I did finally have some time to stamp, I went to Jen's blog to see the Sketch For You To Try "sketch", planning on making a card with it. I saw this project and got side-tracked. It looked really interesting, so I just had to give it a try. I had a great time creating. The panels just evolved with the only "theme" being Halloween. It pretty much took up my whole weekend's stamping time and I'm quite happy with the results. I will be sending it to my sister and her kidos (my biggest fans after all) to dress up their fireplace mantle for Halloween. The original instructions are here on Taylor's blog from 2007.

In creating this project, I used a variety of stamps, papers and embellishments, some new and some retired. It's a long list.

Enjoy!

(you can click each image to make it larger)

The front cover:


Inside pages 1 and 2:


Panels 1 and 2 pulled out:


Inside pages 3 and 4:



Panels 3 and 4 pulled out:


Inside all pages together:


Supplies
Manila file folder, first tab position type
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Wicked Wardrobe and Spooky Expressions sets, Stampin' Up Bitty Boos, Bitty Boos Too, Halloween Smiles, Hey Ghoul Friend, Pumpkin Patch, and Eat Drink and Be Scary sets
Cardstock: Variety from Taylored Expressions
Patterned paper: Eerie collection by Basic Grey and Happy Halloween by Echo Park
Ink: memento black, SU craft black, SU pumpkin pie, only orange, lovely lilac, brilliant blue, green galore, so saffron, garden green, vintage violet, buckaroo blue, and summer sun. Copic sketch markers for coloring
Embellishments:
SU punches: Round Tab, 1 1/4", 1 3/8", 3/4" round, 1 3/4" oval and large scalloped oval, 3/4" square, extra large tag and large tag
Nesties: classic square, classic oval and labels three
Other: clear EP and heat tool, black sparkly fluff, glue pen, various rhinestones in green, red and black, halloween brads and buttons, Stickles in black, gold, orange and star dust, SU and TE ribbons, cloud stencil, the Big Shot and dimensionals

Hope your weekend is relaxing and fun. Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!