About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hello, Friend

Good afternoon all,

I'm spending a lazy Saturday afternoon stamping and watching baseball. (My two absolute favorite things!)

I decided to "Get Sketchy" and play along with the MFTWSC76 layout. I converted the bottom scalloped element to a banner so I could enter this in Linda's Catered Crop "banners and bunting" challenge as well.



Lots and lots of layers here, which I love to do. After stamping the PI girls on the white CS, I colored them with Copics and paper pieced their clothes with the same PP as the backgrounds. Then I sponged SU Bordering Blue ink all over the white areas making the edges a little darker.

After stitching around all of the panels, I used the Fishtail flag Die-namics die for the sentiment element at the top and the Mini Doily circles Die-manics for the banner.

Here is the inside:


Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence Being Cute Is What I Do and Freckles sets by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Bordering Blue and Real Red CS, X-press It Blending CS and Summer Fresh Simple Stories PP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, SU Night of Navy and Real Red, and Copics
Other: Die-namics Fishtail Flags, Mini Doily Circles and Large Scalloped border dies, SU real red brad, SU triple heart punch, SU cherry cobbler bakers twine, sewing machine, and dimensionals

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Thanks for coming by,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Love your bunting on the first card, its different and so creative. The gingham really makes it stand out. Overall, just a fun whimsical card!

    Rebecca
    www.polkadotdoordesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE! LOVE how you used two PI's on this and these papers are my favorite (well, for right now...lol).

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!