About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sew Happy

Hi,

A new Paper Players challenge starts today, and it's brought to us by LeAnn. She has a sewing theme going for us to have fun with. I started by pulling out some old patterned papers from Cosmo Cricket called Material Girl. From there, I went looking for a sketch, and lastly, my stamps. I managed to keep it all on track with the sewing theme. I even added stitching on the "seams." My card is somewhat CAS (other than the layers of paper) and I rather like the way it turned out. The sketch is the current Freshly Made sketch #75.






Supplies
Stamps: Sew Suite set by Stampin' Up and Sew Happy set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: SU very vanilla and poppy parade card stock and Material Girl by Cosmo Cricket patterned papers
Ink: SU poppy parade and Memento tuxedo black
Other: Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX dies, sewing machine, silver gel pen, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

I'm off to Colorado Springs again tomorrow for the week. Should be the end of the project. Looks like I'll be lucky in the weather department. The Weather Channel has sunny days all week with temps in the 50s. Can't beat that!

Have a wonderful week all, and thanks for coming by,
Colleen

5 comments:

  1. Love how you incorporated the sewing theme with the tape measures and pin cushion with our sketch challenge. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous combination of patterned papers! I love all the colors and the tape measure paper is great. Super job combining the challenges too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the theme and the great choice of paper and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! I forgot I have that little pincushion too! And those Cosmo Cricket papers are PERFECT! Thanks for playing with my stitchy challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Colleen. Your card is sewing themed through and through! The papers are just perfect, your stamped greeting adorable, and the stitching fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!