About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

You Make. . .

Hi all,

How is your Sunday going? It's gray and gloomy here on the southern California coast. It seems like our "June Gloom" is hanging around for July. Makes for good "staying in and stamping" weekends, that's for sure. I guess I should feel lucky since we didn't get those really hot temps that the rest of the west had last week.

As usual, Karen has a fun sketch this week for the Sweet Sunday Sketch #188 challenge. I decided to combine it with the Dynamic Duo #60 color challenge to make a Thank You card for a friend.





After cutting out the Die-namics flowers, I ran them through the SU Square Lattice EF then sponged the edges with Summer Starfruit ink. The button in the center is from my stash to which I added the bow out of SU linen thread. I stitched around all of the panels with my sewing machine. The ribbon is SU Summer Starfruit.

Supplies
Stamps:  Complimentary Greetings by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green and Whisper White card stock, Doodlebug "Fruitstand" patterned papers
Ink: SU Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green
Other: Die-Namics Open Scalloped Edge and Pretty Posies dies, SU Square Lattice and Wood Grain embossing folders, SU Summer Starfruit ribbon, Queen & Co. green pearls, sewing machine, the Big Shot and dimensionals

Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. So lovely for your friend, Colleen! Love the twine and flower and all the embossing. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of layering and stitching Colleen! Cute card! I'm so glad you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness the detail you had added to this little card is fabulous! LOVE all the stitching :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos, we sure hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!