About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Birthday Wishes

Hello all,

How did it get to be Sunday evening already? Weekends just go by too fast, don't they? I spent most of my day doing some craft room organizing. I have a habit of piling up paper and supplies and just shifting them from one place to another until I guilt myself into putting everything away in it's proper place. Besides cleaning up the piles, I organized my punches and embellishments too.

After that chore was done I looked to see what this week's Paper Player's Challenge had in store. Ann has a fun, fall color combo for us. Here's what I came up with:



My layout comes from today's Sweet Sunday Sketch #240. Originally, I was going to do a vanilla confetti background with the horizontal elements in the three colors like I've used here, but then decided to get out some water color paper and make a custom background. I smeared a little Hello Honey onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water and dipped the paper in. Then I did the same with the Tangelo Twist, but used my Aqua-painter to add that color to the water color paper. In RL, it's pretty bright.

I stamped the wreath with Tangelo Twist and water colored the open leaves with Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow. I used a scrap of the water color paper to stamp the greeting, layered it across the wreath, and cut the whole thing out with a Die-namics pierced circle die. That is layered onto a larger Die-namics pierced circle die in Mossy Meadow. The horizontal pieces are cut with a Die-namics pierced Fishtail Flags die. Finally, I added some enamel dots in similar colors.

Supplies
Stamps: Warmest of Wishes and So Happy For You sets by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist and Hello Honey card stock and SU Water color paper
Ink: SU Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist and Hello Honey
Other: Die-namics Pierced Circle dies and Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX dies,  Studio Calico enamel dots, Aqua Painter, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

Thanks for looking in. Have a great week.
Colleen

5 comments:

  1. I have the same habit! You should see the pile of papers on my desk too. Your carD is so pretty! I especially love the watercolor background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! That background is spectacular. Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely! Those pierced circles really add a nice dimension to your card...but the watercolor background really kicks this up a notch! Well done! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is gorgeous and is perfect for the wreath. You really showcased just how versatile this set is. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!