About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

You're Sweet

Hi all,

I hope you have enjoyed your weekend. We went to an afternoon "pot-luck" party at a friend's house today. We had good food and fun catching up with some folks.

This morning before I needed to get ready to leave, I checked to see what The Paper Players Challenge has in store for us this week, and Joanne has a fun color challenge. The colors are the retiring In-colors, Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, and Coastal Cabana. I wasn't sure what to do and was leaning towards something flowery. While looking through my many options, I saw my Taylored Expressions wreath sets and thought Strawberry wreath.

Here's what I came up with:






The wreath is stamped on SU watercolor paper with SU black craft ink and heat embossed with SU clear EP. I used the Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana markers and my aqua painter to water color the image. I used the technique of putting the color onto an acrylic block and then picking it up with the aqua painter. For the Coastal Cabana washed background, I first wet the paper with water, then picked up the color from the block so it washed where the water already was on the paper. For the little flowers, I used the Strawberry Slush marker direct to the paper in the center of the flowers then dabbed the petals with the aqua painter to get the very light pink color. When dry, I used my white Uniball gel pen over the petals for some brightness.

The sentiment is stamped in memento black and Strawberry Slush. I thought the SU burlap ribbon went well with the SU EF. The stamp set, burlap and EF lend a country feel to the card. I found the strawberry brad in my stash of buttons.

I kept the inside pretty simple.



Supplies
Stamps: Strawberry Wreath set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: SU Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White and water color paper
Ink: SU Craft Black, Strawberry Slush ink pads, Memento black pad, SU Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana markers, white Uniball gel pen
Other: SU corner rounder punch, SU embossing folder, SU burlap ribbon, SU linen thread, Doodlebug strawberry brad, SU clear EP, heat tool, aqua painter, the Big Shot, dimensionals

I hope you all have a fabulous week. I'm starting the last week a a long work project, yay, but will be staying in a hotel away from home most of the week. I hope to be home by Thursday night.

Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Colleen - your card reminds me that it's only a few more months before we have home grown fresh strawberries to look forward to! Beautifully watercoloured! Thanks for joining in with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is so pretty, Colleen! I love those strawberries and you've colored everything so wonderfully. Thanks for sharing you beautiful creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card!! I love the water coloring, it's lovely and the strawberry brad with the burlap ribbon and the bit of linen twine is the PERFECT accent!! Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!