About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, August 21, 2015

Cowabunga!

Yea, it's Friday!

I have had a very busy week with very long days. I'm working today, but from my home office, which means I can squeeze in some "other" activities.

I had been meaning to get a card made for LeAnne's Beach Challenge over at The Paper Players blog all week, but by the time I got in each evening, I was too pooped. Yesterday I managed to finish pretty early and was home at a normal time, and I finally got a card made.

The challenge is CAS Beach. I have tons of stamps that would work and I kept going over designs in my head. In the end, I picked this little guy, which will make a great birthday card for another little guy who is learning to surf.





For the background, I smooshed some blue water color markers on an acrylic block and applied them to the lower corner of the white card stock. After it dried, I embossed it with a TE bubbles embossing folder. The image is colored with Copics and I used Glossy Accents on his eyes and surfboard.

Supplies
Stamps: Hangin' Loose with Kona by Our Craft Lounge
Paper: SU Island Indigo card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Zig Real Brush watercolor markers and Copics
Other: Taylored Expressions bubbles embossing folder, Die-namics Pierced circle die, the Big Shot, dimensionals

I hope you all have a fab Friday.

TFL,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! What a great splash you created too! And as if your little surfin' turtle isn't cute enough, that embossed background sets it over the top! Perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players and joining in my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne! I rather liked how it turned out for as quick as it was to make.

      Delete
  2. Oh.. now this made me smile! A sufring ninja turtle! I love the colors and I love how you framed the turtle with the circle and then left all of that wonderful white space. so glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!