About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Love Will Keep Us Warm

Hello,

Happy weekend all. Yesterday I had a very relaxing day here:


Me and a zillion others as it's been pretty warm (for us) lately. I took lunch, my book, some magazines and music and made a day of it.

On to a card, the real reason you've stopped by. I'm playing in a relative new challenge and it's the first time for me to play along. It's called the StampInkPaper Challenge, and this is challenge number nine. It's a sketch challenge and I love to create using new sketches. I'm also playing along with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge. This week it's "anything goes." I pulled out some older Paper Smooches stamps and made a Christmas card.



The images are from the PS set called Warm Hearts and are stamped with Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen on the tops of the holly leaves and all of the hearts. IRL it's very sparkly and pretty. The background paper is new SU from the Holiday Mini.

Here's the inside:


The inside greeting is from another PS set called Joyful Greetings.

Supplies
Stamps: Warm Hearts and Joyful Greetings sets both from Paper Smooches
Paper: SU Smoky Slate and Old Olive card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, SU Merry Moments DSP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Cherry Cobbler, Copics
Other: Die-namics pierced circle die, Spellbinders classic circle die, Taylored Expressions Falling Snow embossing folder, SU Tinsel Trim, Wink of Stella glitter pen, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Have a great Sunday and TFL,
Colleen

4 comments:

  1. Love your card!! It has been hot here, too, and seeing your Christmas card makes me excited for cooler weather!! I am one of those who does not complain about winter!! lol Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!! :) Hope you do so again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun cards Colleen! The images are so cute and clean. Fabulous balance of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas card, a great use of the sketch this week. That snowman is cool. Its never too early to start, and we actually have a warm Christmas in Australia. Your beach photos remind me of Christmas holidays here. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Love the mix of images and the sparkly silver tinsel embellishment. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!