About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Peace and Joy

Hello stampers,

Last night we walked into our little village of Encinitas to watch the Holiday Parade. It's always so much fun. There were around 100 entries, all local. Lots of kids from the Scouts and YMCA clubs, schools, etc. It's so fun to watch the little ones on their scooters all decked out with lights.

The rest of the day will not be spent stamping. My manager signed me up for a Presentation Skills class several months ago and the class is three days this coming week in Los Angeles. We finally received the "pre-class" assignment on Thursday afternoon! We have to write three 10 minute Power Point presentations that we will be giving in class. Certainly not how I want to spend my Sunday, but with a full work day tomorrow, I really have no other option. I'd should be crafting cards rather than "crafting" Power Point presentations. (Many Dec. birthdays that I still need to make cards for).

But, enough ranting. I do have a card to share that I made for this week's theme challenge for The Paper Players. Claire's theme this week is "Let It Snow." I decided to play with water coloring again and this is what I came up with.



 

I combined three different stamp sets to make my snowy, North Pole scene. I started by stamping the snow flakes with VersaMark ink and heat embossing with SU white EP. To create the sky I used a variety of the darker blue markers. For the water, I stamped the waves with VersaMark and heat embossed with white EP and used the lighter blue markers. While still wet, dabbed in dark blue to make the deeper water. The bear and icebergs are stamped on X-Press IT Blending card stock and colored with Copics. I brushed over the icebergs with a Wink Of Stella glitter pen and IRL they look icy. The star was made with gold water color markers and punched with a retired SU punch. Lot's of steps, but very fun!

Supplies
Stamps: Polar Pals set by Avery Elle, Endless Wishes and Good Greetings sets by Stampin' Up
Paper: Tim Holtz water color paper, X-Press It Blending card stock and SU vellum
Ink: VersaMark, Memento tuxedo black, Copics, Zig Real Brush Markers
Other: SU white embossing powder, heat tool, Die-namics FishTail Flag banner die, white sequin, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Ok, time to get cracking on those presentations. Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen



4 comments:

  1. Colleen your watercoloured scene is so pretty and the polar bear is adorable! Good luck with your presentations - I'm sure you will do a grand job! Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Colleen! I love everything about it! Good luck with those presentations! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen this is beautiful!!! Your watercoloring is gorgeous, and I love the snowy sky and the way the polar bear is looking up at the sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, I love the watercolored background with those beautiful embossed snowflakes! Your little polar bear is adorable! Good luck with your presentations! I know you will rock them, just like you did my challenge at The Paper Players! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!