About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Birthday Wishes - The Paper Players #277

Hi all,

It's Sunday and time for our second Paper Players challenge for 2016. For challenge #277, Claire has a color challenge for us. It's bright and pretty and will help chase those winter gray days away.


This is my niece's birthday card, whose 23rd birthday was on December 26. She loves bright colors, especially pink so this color combo was the perfect choice for her card.


I started with a Melon Mambo card and it's layered with a Tempting Turquoise panel and a stenciled brick wall in TT. The "sidewalk" is a piece of patterned paper. The image stamp set is from Penny Black called Mimi in Paris. Mimi and her friend are stamped in Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. I fussy cut them and popped them on the sidewalk with dimensionals. The sentiment is from the SU set Endless Birthday Wishes.

I hope you have a chance to play along with us this week. Make sure to stop by to see what the PP Design Team and my fellow Guest Designers have for you today.

The Paper Players Design Team

Supplies
Stamps: Mimi in Paris set by Penny Black and Endless Birthday Wishes set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Melon Mambo & Tempting Turquoise card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, 
My Minds Eye Necessities and scrap patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics and SU Melon Mambo
Other: My Favorite Things brick wall stencil, Die-namics Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX dies, SU heart punch,
sequin, the Big Shot, dimensionals, white gel pen

Thanks for looking in. Have a fun and relaxing Sunday,
Colleen

7 comments:

  1. Darling card, Colleen--I'm sure your niece loved it! Love that stenciled background and I am always awed with your fabulous coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, this is just adorable! I just smile when I look at this darling card! Love the stenciled background, too! Your coloring is fabulous! Such a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sweet Colleen! I love the bit of bling with the sequins,too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you couldn't get any sweeter than this cute little image, and you've colored her in such an endearing way! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen that little Miss is just adorable - what a sweet card for your niece! Beautifully coloured and I love the stencilled brick wall behind and the cute banners too. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You created one adorable scene! Your coloring is terrific and I love the brisk background! Sweet little girl and poodle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully designed card Colleen!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!