About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Just Because for The Paper Players

Hello,

Welcome to another The Paper Players challenge. This week we are on #279. Nance is our hostess and she has a sketch for us to use. This is right up my alley with the layers and circle element.







I was in the mood to color when I made my card so I pulled out my Hydrangea Bouquet set by Taylored Expressions to work with. Hydrangeas are one of my all time favorite flowers. I love how the tiny individual flowers form into big balls of flowers, and the fact that they come in so many colors from white to deep, deep blue. We do have them out west, but nothing like those that we see every summer when we visit Cape Cod. Of all the colors, I like the green and lighter pink blooms, so that is what I tried to create with my card today.





The image is stamped on X-Press It Blending card stock with Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. I fussy cut it out and popped it up with dimensionals onto a Die-namics circle cut from Simple Stories patterned paper. The gingham paper is also Simple Stories and it matched SU Watermelon paper perfectly. The card base is stamped in SU Watermelon ink with the SU Hardwood background stamp. For added contrast I used a TE large scalloped border die and cut some Very Vanilla card stock to layer under the gingham, and then used the vanilla as the large banner element, cut out with a Die-namics banner die. The greeting is stamped on the small banner element, again made using a smaller Die-namics banner die. I finished it with some rather large pink and green rhinestones.

Stop by to see what the other ladies have for you today. Tons of inspiration!

The Paper Players Design Team

I can't wait to see what you create. Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

Here are some hydrangea pictures taken last summer "down the Cape." Check out this wraparound porch with the Adirondack chairs. It is a beautiful home in a neighborhood in Dennis, MA.







Supplies
Stamps: Hydrangea Bouquet set by Taylored Expressions & Hardwood by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Watermelon and Very Vanilla card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, Simple Stories patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Watermelon, Copics
Other: Die-namics Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX & Cross-stitched circle dies, TE large Scalloped border die, rhinestones, the Big Shot and dimensionals


10 comments:

  1. Oh, how it love hydrangeas too and yours are fabulous Colleen--both the paper and real ones! Love your pink and green color combo and, once again, your coloring amazes me. Thanks for making my sketch look so good--glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing mix of hydrangeas, both real and paper. I love your bold red gingham panel and hardwood background too - it gives great contrast. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful creation! I love the red wooden background...I must try using different colors and step outside the box when stamping that Hardwood! Your florals are gorgeous and your fussy-cutting is perfect! And what a great breath of spring air are those flowers, especially since I have about 36" of snow outside my door right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bouquet! So pretty in the vase. The photos are gorgeous,too, and so fun to see in the middle of winter. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen I am in love with all things floral, so I was drawn to this card right away! Your hydrangeas card is stunning, as are your beautiful photographs of the real thing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful bouquet! Love the red background! And your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colleen, this is gorgeous! I LOVE the red background! The hydrangeas in the photos are beautiful! They are abundant in GA--that is if the deer don't eat them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, Colleen!! The colours go together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colleen, I can so see your inspiration photos in your finished card. The red checkered DSP reminds me of summer! Fabulous take on the sketch.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Colleen! Your card is gorgeous and so is all those beautiful flowers in real life! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!