About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, January 22, 2016

Making Spirits Bright

Hello and happy Friday!

We are going to spend the weekend with friends who live about 50 miles away. Not sure what we will be doing, but I know we will have a great time. I'm sure there will be lots of good food and wine involved.

A few nights ago I put together a couple cards for some of the weekly challenges. This week's sketch by Jen B. for the Freshly Made Sketches looked suitably challenging, and fun. It really stumped me at first, but after thinking about it and looking through my stamps, here is what I came up with.

I used the color palette from this week's Color Throwdown challenge, although my pinks are darker than the swatch.





The cocktails are stamped in Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. I made masks and stamped the snow flakes from the SU Endless Wishes set in Soft Sky over the masks. The sentiment is on the same stamp as the cocktail so I carefully inked up just the words and stamped the greeting. There is a liberal amount of Wink of Stella clear glitter over the candy canes and the holly berries. It's finished off with some sparkly embellishments. The panel is raised with fun foam on the kraft card.

Supplies
Stamps: Making Spirits Bright and Endless Wishes sets by Stampin' Up
Paper: X-Press It Blending and SU Crumb Cake card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Soft Sky, and Copics
Other: Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, SU clear rhinestones, sequin, fun foam, Fiskars corner punch

Have a fun and relaxing weekend. For those of you in the mid-Atlantic and North East, be safe and stay warm.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

4 comments:

  1. Very fun card! What a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and festive! Cocktails and snowflakes go together so well! LOL! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love your take on the challenge. Very clever and great colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun and festive! Love the mix of images. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!