About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Watercolored In The Meadow

Hello,

I hope your Saturday has been nice. I've been at my crafting table catching up on some of my favorite sketch challenges. I was visiting my family in Northern California for a couple weeks and had a great time with my mom. I don't make it up to see her as often as I should, unfortunately.

While I was gone, I had ordered some new goodies from the SU Occasions Mini, so I thought I'd play with them today. One of the sets that I ordered is In The Meadow and I thought that the deer and fawn would look good watercolored. I used the Mojo Monday #429 sketch for my card.







I notice that on many of the recent blog posts for Stamp and supply companies that plaid patterned papers are becoming pretty trendy, so I pulled out some older SU plaid DSP for my background panel on the sketch. I decided to omit the small element on the left of the large circle and opted to go with the enamel dots down the edge. I like the way it turned out. I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I made this card into a Birthday card with the sentiment "Birthday Wishes."

Supplies
Stamps: In the Meadow set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Early Expresso, Island Indigo and watercolor card stock and SU Orchard Harvest DSP
Ink: SU Archival Black and Zig water color markers
Other: Aqua-painter brush, Die-namics double stitched circle and square dies, enamel dots, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Be sure to come back tomorrow for my Paper Players post.

Thanks,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!