About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

You Are Made Of Wonderful - Paper Players Challenge 280

Hello,

Wow, the last day of January already.

It's Sunday and time for another Paper Players challenge. Jaydee is our hostess this week and she has a fun Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for us.



For challenge #280, I choose to use the left vertical option of flowers, die cuts, yellow. I'm still inking up my new Stampin' Up sets and today I am using the Picture Perfect set from the 2016 Occasions catalog. This set has three separate stamps to make the final image and each stamp is numbered to help with the layering. Easy, and SO MUCH FUN!

I saw a Kleenex purse pack that had a heart shape made from roses on it, and I decided to re-create it for my card today. I started by using some Eclipse masking paper cut to the same size as my front panel, then used my SU Heart Framelit die to cut the heart shape. I put the mask down over my card front and began stamping and layering the roses into the open space.  What made the layering technique very easy is the Misti tool. It's so easy to ensure that the stamps are perfectly aligned. I also fussy cut three rose "masks" to use in the process.



Once I finished stamping the roses, I peeled the mask off and stamped one of the sentiments from the set along the side of the heart. The panel was cut with a Mama Elephant die, layered over a piece of Crushed Curry card stock with fun foam to raise it up. The card base is Whisper White. I kept the embellishments simple, just two groups of clear sequin.

I had so much fun stamping with the Misti, I made a second card. This time I used water color paper and Tim Holtz distress inks, using the exact same process. Here is the second card, and it has a totally different look.



To do the blue color wash over the rest of the card front without getting ink on the yellow roses, I placed the cut out Eclipse heart over the image. Using water and a large paint brush I painted the three blue shades. I used my heat tool to quick dry, then heat embossed the same sentiment with SU Craft black ink and clear EP. The image is cut out with a Die-namics die. Again, just a few embellishments.

I think these cards will go to my mom and sister for their Valentine's Day cards.

Don't forget to stop by the rest of the DT's blogs. They have some really great cards to share.

The Paper Players Design Team
Colleen Begley-me

Supplies (both cards)
Stamps: Picture Perfect set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Bordering Blue, Hello Honey, water color card stocks
Ink: SU Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Black Archival, Tim Holtz Distress Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass, SU Craft Black
Other: Eclipse masking paper, Misti tool, Mama Elephant All Prettied Up scalloped die, Die-namics Inside and Out Diagonal Stitched rectangle die, Fun Foam, clear sequin, We R Memory Keepers enamel shapes

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create this week. Thanks for coming by,
Colleen

6 comments:

  1. Perfection! Beautifully stamped - perfectly masked! Great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! Awesome stamping and SO creative. I LOVE the yellow. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, this is just so beautiful!!!!!! Your Mom and Sister will cherish these gorgeous cards! I just love all the roses in that heart shape! The masking is perfect! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous Colleen. Such dimension and texture from those awesome layered stamps. Gorgeous colors too and I love your sentiment placement. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love yellow and you stamped and masked your roses beautifully Colleen - who would have thought Kleenex could be so inspiring?! A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These roses are gorgeous! Stunning interpretation of the tic-tac-toe challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!