About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, February 8, 2016

Warm Hugs

Hi all,

I made the following card with a brand new stamp set that I received in the mail Saturday afternoon. When I first saw this stamp set around blog-land a few weeks ago, I knew I wanted it. (And, I don't even drink coffee).  I inked it up as soon as I opened the package from SSS.

I love the whimsical design of the cup and saucer. I decided on a Valentine's Day card and used the current CAS(E) This Sketch #158 for my layout.






You'll notice that I rotated the sketch to make a "landscape" card because I wanted to use the TE Heart boarder die for the background elements. The image is stamped on SU Naturals Ivory card stock and colored with Copics. The Copics on this card stock do not blend all that well, but it worked "okay." The coffee is stamped in SU Soft Suede. I gave it a chance to dry into the card stock, then stamped the heart in VersaMark and heat embossed with SU white EP. The card base is the same card stock and the heart borders are cut in Riding Hood Red and Soft Suede card stock. After the card elements were all assembled, I went around the cup rim and handle with Crystal Effects to give it a glass or ceramic look. 

That's all from me tonight. Have a great Tuesday and thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Concord and 9th Let's Chat set
Paper: SU Naturals Ivory, Riding Hood Red and Soft Suede card stocks
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Riding Hood Red, SU Soft Suede, VersaMark Craft
Other: SU White EP, Taylored Expressions Heart Border die, Heat Tool, dimensional

1 comment:

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!