About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

2 Glasses

Hi and Happy Sunday!

Here in the U.S. it's the middle day of our Memorial Day long weekend, and kind of the official start to our summer. Since it's Sunday, we have a new challenge for you at the Paper Players. This week, Joanne has a fun Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, and I'm looking forward to see what you all create.


This simple card took me about 5 hours! That's because I made three others and they ended up in the recycle bin, then I took a break, LOL. I don't know what was going on with me but three times it was "YIKES! NO!" I was on a mission because I needed to make a birthday card since tomorrow is my "personal chef's" birthday. He loves We love wine, in fact, we are in the Central Coast (California) wine country for our long weekend. I had the idea to make a watercolored background with wine glasses and use this sentiment in some sort of die cut. It wasn't happening! After doing three versions, I pitched them, cleaned off my table, put everything away and had dinner. I came back with a different, simpler approach. Here is the card that I finally ended up with. And, I actually think it looks pretty good and I know Denis will like it.


In case you haven't figured it out, I used the bottom to top diagonal with embossing, die-cut, birthday. The sentiment is heat embossed with gold EP, the banners and background patterned paper are die-cut and as you can see from the picture below of the inside, it's a Birthday card. I've used several different stamp/craft companies to put it all together too.



See more creative goodness when you visit the other DT's blogs. Their links are below.

The Paper Players Design Team

For those who live in the U. S., Happy Memorial Day. I hope you are spending it with those you love, and taking time to remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our freedom.

Thanks for coming by today,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Witty Wine Quotes set (outside sentiment), stamps from SU and MFT used on the inside.
Paper: SU Emerald Envy and Very Vanilla card stock, SU Playful Palette DSP Stack (new catty)
Ink: VersaMark, SU Emerald Envy and Sweet Sugarplum
Other: Ranger Gold EP, heat tool, Die-namics Pierced Fishtail Flags and Stitched Rounded Rectangle dies, Doodlebug enamel shapes and dots, TE Wine A Little dies (inside), the Big Shot, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. LOL...I had to laugh when I started reading your post... my guess was it took 5 hours to finish your card because you were sippin' wine while crafting!That is a fun sentiment, and an awesome card. I love the banners and papers.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know exactly what you mean...my card took forever, but I kept retrieving it from the trash, LOL! Love your final result....and I am sure I've said that same sentiment a few times in my life!! Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wine themed card! Fun! And yep I have been in your shoes.......when nothing seems to turn out right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Colleen today's card was worth persevering with - the perfect card for a wine lover! I did chuckle as I can totally empathise with your struggles, so frustrating when that happens! I hope California was good and you managed to get in lots of wine tasting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Colleen I love this card inside and out! Both sentiments are great and I love the colors. How perfect for your "personal chef" and I hope you both had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, this is perfect for your friend! I LOVE this sentiment! Such a fun card inside and out! I understand the "recycled" card bin! Sometimes, it takes a break to make it all come together! The end result was perfect! Hope the celebration was extra special! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!