About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Welcome Baby


Hello stamping friends,

It's a pretty Saturday morning here on the SoCal coast and I'm enjoying it. I had breakfast on the deck in the sunshine eating while reading a new fun book by Mary Kay Andrews called "The Weekenders." I love all of her books. A little romance, a little mystery all set somewhere in the Low Country. 

I made this card Thursday evening. My co-worker is pregnant with her second child and they know that they are having a girl. I'm keeping with my current "stamp my own background" kick with this card, just like on my previous post.

I stamped the sweet little animal images in Memento tuxedo black and used sponge daubers to randomly add color, then cut a circle using a Spellbinders classic circle die to make the shaker part of the card. I stamped the sentiment and bear through the opening for perfect placement. The bear is colored with Copics and I added a liberal amount of Wink of Stella over his muzzle, ears and foot pads.




All in all, a fairly simple card. The longest part was cutting and placing the foam tape perfectly around the circle to hold in the sequin.

This afternoon, I'm working on my Paper Players card for tomorrow. We have a fun sketch challenge for you.

I hope you have a great Saturday, and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Carnival Cupcakes set by Mama Elephant and Something To Celebrate set by Stampin' Up (sentiment)
Paper: X-Press It Blending card stock and SU Flirty Flamingo
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, Sweet Sugarplumb, Mint Macroon, Copics
Other: Die-namics Stitched Mini Scalloped circles die, Spellbinders Classic circle die, SU window plastic, the Big Shot, foam tape, sequin, Wink of Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!