About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Dad, You're the Coolest

Hello out there,

It's the first Sunday in June and time for a new Paper Players Challenge. Claire has a fun and timely theme challenge for us this week. It's time to make those Father's Day cards.




I had many ideas bouncing around in my brain and in the end, I decided to pull out my Lawn Fawn "Best Pun Ever" set and make a CAS card.



The popsicles are stamped in Memento tuxedo black and colored with red, turquoise, and orange Copics. I added a liberal amount of Wink of Stella so they look "frosty." They were cut out with the matching Lawn Fawn dies and mounted on a white panel cut out with a Die-namics die. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. The large white space just called for some sparkle, which I added in the form of red, turquoise and gold sequin.

The inside:




See more creative goodness when you visit the other DT's blogs. Their links are below.

The Paper Players Design Team

I have a super busy month of June, compliments of work. I'm starting a project Tuesday that normally takes six weeks and I've been asked to complete it in eight days. Then on the 18th, I leave for two weeks of work travel. I will be glad when July comes, LOL.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Father's Day cards. I know there will be tons of awesomeness!

Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Best Pun Ever set by Lawn Fawn and SU Something To Celebrate set (inside greeting)
Paper: SU Tempting Turquoise card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, Doodlebug Sunkissed patterned paper (inside)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Best Pun Ever dies, Die-namics Inside-out Diagonal Stitched STAX and Rounded Stitched Rectangle dies, TE sequin, the Big Shot, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Colleen, this is so FUN! I love this cool card! Such a fun color combo! Thank you for making my theme shine this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love the mustache on the dad! Cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, tell those work people to STOP! That's crazy! But your card is nothing but cute...in fact, I think I might have to go get a popsicle right now! It's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very COOL Father's Day card!I love the sparkle too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, the mustached Popsicle is so cool and cute! Great colors and fun layout--I hope all goes smoothly with work this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this card Colleen - it looks like my two kiddies and their Daddy! Such a great Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!