About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Happiness Is a Grateful Heart

Hello all,

I hope your weekend is going very well. It's Sunday and time for our first Paper Players challenge of November. Laurie is our hostess this week with a timely theme challenge. Here you go:


I've been traveling for work for the past several weeks and unfortunately, my stamping time has been very limited. I usually try to have my Paper Players card done early each week, but for this week's card, I was frantically trying to get it stamped, colored, photographed and blogged late yesterday afternoon. Luckily, my idea turned out well, so it all came together pretty quickly. A great sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch helped!





I wanted to do something seasonal, and this sweet little image by Jennifer Nilsson for MFT stamps was the perfect choice. As you all know, I love to color, so I colored her up with my Copics. I found this great seasonal patterned paper to use for the sketch layout and it has an added bonus of having the perfect message for Laurie's theme this week too. The stamped sentiment is from the set and it's stamped with Early Expresso ink.

The inside uses some images from a super old SU set called Autumn Harvest. I layered the squash and pumpkins using the masking technique. The inside greeting is from the MFT set.



The Design Team has some awesome inspiration cards. Stop by and say "Hi."

The Paper Players Design Team
Hannelie Bester

Have fun with Laurie's theme. I know we'll see some great cards again in the gallery. 

I'm off to Nashville Tuesday and back very late Friday night. I hope you all have a fabulous week!

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Happy Harvest set by My Favorite Things and Autumn Harvest set by Stampin' Up (inside images)
Paper: SU Really Rust, Old Olive and Very Vanilla card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, Apple Cider by Imaginisce patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Early Expresso
Other: Dimensionals and enamel shapes

8 comments:

  1. Such a true sentiment! Such a cute image too. I have that designer paper, actually I am hoarding it, it's so cute I can't cut it..LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card, Colleen! Perfectly colored and that patterned paper is fabulous! I hope things settle down for you soon, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is adorable! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, this is adorable! Your little girl is lovely and your coloring is amazing! I love the DSP you added! It showcases this little beauty perfectly! Have a great week, My Friend! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Colleen! This is so pretty! Love your beautiful coloring!
    Fabulous take on the sketch too, Thanks for joining CTS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Colleen - what a sweetie! Great colouring and I love how you tied the various elements together on your card. Perfect! Safe travels this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable! Love that sweet girl! Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This little ladie is such a sweetie, Colleen! Love your great coloring and the rich autumnal colors.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!