About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, September 21, 2018

Sending You Sunshine

Happy Friday evening to all,

I'm glad to be home from the desert. It's still hot, hot out there and on Thursday it turned humid as well. Very sticky. Luckily, I'm finished with the project there for now, so I won't have to go back next week.

Today's card is one that I made last weekend for a co-worker who lost her father recently. These sunflowers are from a Hero Arts set from last fall called Color Layering Fall.



No challenge with this one, just a fairly simple design. The flowers are stamped with various SU gold and yellow inks and the stems with various greens, then cut out with the set dies. The background is made with embossing paste and a brick wall stencil. The circle is vellum. The card base is kraft.

I didn't take a picture of the inside, but it was a typical sympathy sentiment.

We're having dinner with our neighbors tonight, which will be fun. Tomorrow I'll be back in my craft room. Yippee!

Thanks for looking in and Happy Weekend!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Color Layering Fall set by Hero Arts
Paper: Neenah Desert Storm, SU Whisper White, kraft vellum
Ink: Various SU yellows, golds, greens and Crumb Cake
Other: Hero Arts set dies, Die-namics Pierced Circle die and Brick wall stencil, SU embossing paste, Gemini jr, Misti, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!