About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 3, 2019

You Are Loved


Hello,

I'm combining two challenges with my card this morning. The Paper Players has a Spring theme challenge this week, and I'm using the sketch from the Retro Rubber Challenge for my card's layout.






This pretty little flower basket is from a previous year's SU Sale-a-braton, although I don't remember if it is from last year or the year before. It is stamped with Memento black ink and colored with Copics in pastel shades. I wanted to use lighter shades for a nice contrast to the dark background that I used. The background is from the SU Wood Textures 6 x 6 DSP pack and then embossed with the Basket Weave EF. After coloring the image, I cut it out with SU square die and layered it on a SU scalloped square. The sentiment is cut out with a SU Stitched Rectangle die, and for the three flag elements in the sketch, I used three SU pink flower sequins.

I made this card into a birthday card by using birthday themed sentiments on the inside. These are from another SU set that is also over a year old.



It's still rainy here today. I may do more stamping, but I also need to do laundry and pack for this week's work trip.

Hope your Sunday is relaxing. Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Blossoming Basket and Perennial Birthday sets by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Pretty In Pink and X-Press It Blending card stocks, SU Wood Textures DSP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Pretty In Pink, Copics
Other: SU Basket Weave embossing folder, SU Square and Stitched Rectangle dies, SU flower sequins, Gemini Jr, Misti,

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you back with us at Retro Rubber, Colleen! The beautiful basket bouquet looks fabulous against that rustic background. I like the three pink flowers you've used instead of the three banners - nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love that the little tag is hanging out over the square. The flowers are wonderful and make me feel all springy. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheery, beautiful card, a basket of flowers is always a welcomed gift and it really shines against that awesome wood DSP.
    Thank you for playing along with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Colleen! I love the darker background and how you embossed it. The little tag is an adorable accent. The pink really "pops" against the wood texture paper. Thank you for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very lovely card. i love that stamp set. so great. be sure to add it to the TSOT link up as well. http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com/2019/02/challenge-397.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely basket of flowers, Colleen!! Love the embossed background, too! Definitely a country feel to your pretty card! SO happy that you shared this with us at Retro Rubber as well as the Players this week! It's fun to use those neglected stamps, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!