About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Hello

 Hi peeps,

Happy Thursday! 

While cruising around blogs this week, I watched this video by Jennifer McGuire and fell in love with these house cards. Of course Jennifer used some awesome new dies to create them, and also of course, I don't have the dies, but I do have many other dies that I thought I could use to try and make some similar cards. The basic shape was pretty easy, and using some border dies, an older SU scalloped circle punch, a circle die, and some flower and star dies, I came up with a couple of cards.


This first card is a shaped card that fits into a regular A2 envelope. I used red, white and blue colors to participate, again, in this week's Paper Players Tic-Tac-ToeChallenge.




The card base is made from SU Very Vanilla card stock. Using some Gina K Red velvet ink and the SSS Sweet Garden background stamp I stamped the front of the card. The house trim is cut from SU Brilliant Blue card stock, which is decorated using stars in various sizes that were cut using a SSS die from Very Vanilla card stock. The Hello die is Gina K and is cut three times from Red Velvet card stock and glued together with liquid glue. After gluing it to the top of the card, I painted on some clear Nuvo Aqua Shimmer, then covered it with Crystal Effects.

The birds are from the SSS Spring Birds set, colored with Copics and cut out with the set dies. Their perch is made with another older SU punch.

I used more images and a greeting from the Spring Birds stamp set on the inside of the card.




In the video, Jennifer made a popup card in slimline format. I also gave that a try and it turned out pretty well, but next time I need to use a heavy weight card stock for the base. It's a little top heavy with the large greeting die glued on top.

The flower dies are made using the SU In Bloom dies. The Thank You die is from SSS. The Scalloped borders are a Taylored Expressions border die, the birds and greetings are from the SSS Spring Birds set, and the background is made with the SSS Friendship Text background stamp and white craft ink.


Here is a view of the side of this one.




Such fun cards to make. I'm seriously thinking of ordering the actual dies, but they are a little pricy. (Like that's ever stopped me before, LOL.)

Have a great day. I will be trying to setup a new computer, so I see some periods of frustration ahead.

Thanks for looking in,

Colleen

Supplies

Simon Says Stamp: Spring Birds Stamp set and dies, Sweet Garden and Friendship Text background stamps, Many Stars Party die, Scripty Thank You die
Stampin' Up: Very Vanilla and multiple colored card stocks, In Bloom set dies, Scalloped Circle and Word Window punches, Dimensionals
Gina K Designs: Hello die, Red Velvet and Kraft card stock, Red Velvet and Black Onyx ink, Connect glue
Taylored Expressions: Small Scalloped Border die
Spellbinders: Circle die
Hero Arts: Unicorn white craft ink
Misti, Gemini Jr, Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen, Glossy Accents, red enamel dots


2 comments:

  1. Colleen, your cards are beautiful! A very welcoming home for your birds. I most of all appreciate how you improvised and used what you had to create that amazing birdhouse. That's creativity at its best! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! What fun little bird houses, and you've embellished them so perfectly! I do love my birds! Thanks so much for playing with my Tic Tac Toe grid this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!