About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Celebrate 2014

Hi everyone and happy last day of 2013!

I trust everyone had a fun and festive holiday season. It's almost behind us for another year, which means it's time to head back to work for many of us. I was lucky and had about 10 days off. I have to say, I was very lazy. I read. A lot. I did some stamping, but not much. I took some walks. Went out to dinner with friends. It was a super relaxing time and I'm kinda' bummed that it's almost over as I do return to work on Jan. 2.

This morning was one of the times that I took a few hours to do some stamping. I rarely make "Happy New Year" cards, but decided that I wanted to send a few good friends/family New Year's wishes. While cruising around blogs this morning I ran across the latest and newly posted Colour Q 222 challenge. Super good colors for New Years cards. I did substitute silver for the basic gray, however.






I used several dies to make this card. The only stamping is on the inside. The sunburst die is from TE and the "Celebrate", "2014" and "champagne glasses" are Die-namics from MFT. After scoring my background paper, I cut out the 2014 using dies, then placed some SU silver glimmer paper behind the cutouts. The "celebrate" is glued with a swipe of tape runner. I then sprinkled it with SU silver glass glitter and pushed it into the tape for added sparkle (as if the gold glimmer paper isn't enough LOL).  The champagne glasses are popped up with dimensional tape then gold rhinestones were added for the bubbles.

I think these blingy cards will be a hit with the recipients.

Supplies
Paper: SU black and whisper white card stock, SU silver and gold glimmer paper
Other: Taylored Expressions Ray Of Sunshine cutting plate die, My Favorite Things Die-namics By the Numbers, Let's Toast, LLD Accent It-Celebrate dies, Kaiser gold rhinestones, the Big Shot, and dimensionals.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL. I hope 2014 is good to you.

Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous New Year cards, Colleen! So Glad you played with us the last challenge of the year at the colourQ! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!