About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, February 10, 2017

Hugs

Happy Friday all,

It's been a long time since I've had any crafty time. Between traveling for work, or just plain busy with work, and then traveling up to northern CA last weekend to attend a memorial service, I couldn't fit it in. Also, my creative MOJO seems to have disappeared on me. I really wanted to get a card posted for Claire's Valentine's challenge at The Paper Players so I sat down last night after dinner to see what I could come up with. Luckily, this week's CAS(E) This Sketch helped me with a design.

I very rarely do a card without any stamping, but here one is. (confession, the inside is stamped with a simple "Happy Valentine's Day.")




I started with a card base of SU Whisper White card stock. The Inside panel is very old SU DSP. The Real Red frame is cut with a Die-namics Stitched Rectangle Frame, the heart shaped balloons, strings and Hugs are Lawn Fawn dies. I added a couple of SU clear rhinestones for sparkle. Pretty darn simple!

I'm headed to Flanders, NJ tomorrow for a work project and I fly home the next Saturday so no crafty time again all week. I think I'll take some colored pencils and a couple of coloring books for the evenings in the hotel. I'm hoping that flights are back on schedule tomorrow from yesterday's storms in the east. I hope you all have a fabulous week!

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen


Supplies
Paper: SU Whisper White, Real Red and Gray card stock, SU DSP (retired)
Other: Die-namics and Lawn Fawn dies, SU rhinestones, dimensional tape and glue dots


5 comments:

  1. Darling card, Colleen! Love these heart balloons and strings. This paper and the colors have long been a favorite SU paper of mine. Love the stiched border too. So glad you finally got some crafty time in--good luck with all your traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen this is gorgeous! I love the red and grey against the white and the balloons and die cut sentiment are perfect against your frame. Great to see you in the The Paper Players this week! Safe travels and don't forget those colouring pencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Colleen! Love the colors and the sentiment, and you rocked the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, this is so FUN! I love the heart balloons and those XO polka dots! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!