About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, July 8, 2024

Happy Hour

 Hey and happy Monday,

This card was made using the current Color Hues challenge colors of aqua and white. 

I used a PinkFresh Studio background stencil with three different shades of aqua as a backdrop for these fun beverage glasses, also from PinkFresh Studio. I used the clear stamp set and coordinating stencils to color them as well as the coordinating dies to cut them out. I altered the look a bit by cutting off the sprig of greenery at the top of the glass. After using the stencils, I added some shimmer to the ice cubes, unfortunately, my Nuvo pen leaked a bit on one of them. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and it's heat embossed on a darker shade of card stock.




v

On the inside, I used just a sentiment.




Most of my morning was spent updating websites with a new email. We are ditching our current cable provider for internet and TV and going to fiber optic internet and streaming TV. The cable providers just keep getting more and more expensive. I'll be glad to see them go.

Enjoy your week, and thanks for checking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: PinkFresh Studio
Paper: Gina K Designs card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs
Other: PinkFresh Studio layering stencil, Spellbinders embossing folder, WOW white embossing powder, heat tool, blending brushes, Nuvo clear glitter pen, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 12, aqua sequins, Connect glue

5 comments:

  1. Great summery card! I love the background with the embossed circle. The drinks look so refreshing, and the gems are wonderful embellishment. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen your happy hour card is so fun.i love the way you played with Aqua and making those beverages look irresistible!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have taken the colors of Aqua and White and ran with them. I am not sure what I love more, the backgrounds, the glasses, or perhaps the ice cubes. Awesome job with my challenge. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card, Colleen! The background is so eye-catching, doing an excellent job of highlighting the cold beverage glasses. The cubes look great too - love the sparkle. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://colorhuesthecolorchallenge.blogspot.com/2024/07/winners-post-90-white-and-aqua.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!