About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Have A Delightful Day - Guest Designing for the Color Hues Challenge # 94

Hi all,

It is a very Delightful Day because I'm Guest Designing for the new Color Hues Challenge that begins today. The colors for this challenge are green and rust, perfect for those fall cards. I've used  dark and light shades of each of the colors to make my green and rust card. All of the supplies are from Concord & 9th today.









The bottom part of my card is made using the C&9th Lattice Corner die set. I cut panels of White, Lemongrass, Cayenne and Spiced Cider card stocks using the lattice die. After gluing the White die cut panel to the front of a white card base, I used the inlay technique to glue pieces in to create a color pattern.

For the top stamping, I masked off the inlayed bottom then stamped the top with the C&9th Delightful Day Turnabout stamp using the four colors of Avocado, Lemongrass, Cayenne and Spiced Cider.

The dies for the front sentiment are also from the Delightful Day Turnabout stamp and die set. Embellishments are C&9th enamel dots in Avocado and Lemongrass.

I always finish the insides of my cards and here's a picture of this one. The sentiment and flower are from the Delightful Day Turnabout stamp set.





It was great fun playing along as this challenge's Guest Designer. I look forward to seeing what you all make with these colors.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamp and die sets: Delightful Day Turnabout Stamp and die set and Lattice Corner die set both  by Concord & 9th
Paper: Concord & 9th Lemongrass, Spiced Cider, Cayenne, and White card stock
Ink: Concord & 9th Lemongrass, Avocado, Spiced Cider, and Cayenne
Other: Concord & 9th Lemongrass and Avocado enamel dots, foam tape, Connect liquid glue


8 comments:

  1. Colleen, you've definitely created a wonderful Fall vibe with your split panel leaves-and-lattice card. All the inlay/die cutting paired with the turnabout stamped images makes for eye-catching results. Thank you for making rust and green the stars of the show; thank you for being an inspired, inspiring guest designer for this challenge!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your combination of the die cut and the Turnabout stamp--a fabulous combination and perfect for your fall-themed card! I'm a huge fan of in-laid die cuts and this one is especially gorgeous! So nice to have you as Guest Designer this round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great use of a die cut panel with the stamped one. The colours bring both together in perfect harmony. So happy your guesting with us this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love C&9th colors and you've used them all beautifully for our current challenge Colleen! I'm really loving the combination of the die cutting and stamping too! Thanks so much for guesting with us at Color Hues and inspiring our players with this lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I already said you really nailed the graphic colors perfectly! This is a wonderful card, Colleen! So happy you were able to play along with us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, you will make anyone's day delightful with this colorful and beautifully done card! Your inlaying technique and turnabout stamping are fabulous together and make great use of our colors. We're so happy to have you as our GD at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful die cuts and stamps you used with the colors Collen! congrats on being guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colleen, thank you so much for guesting with CH for this challenge! Your card with the dual designs looks fabulous and the big sentiment just ties it all in together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!