About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, September 16, 2024

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Happy Monday all,

I'm running super late getting my Freshly Made Sketches card posted! I didn't get around to taking pictures yesterday after making these cards and then I got sidetracked this morning.

These cards have some surprising insides and were very fun to make. They are based on a recent Jennifer McGuire post here. She calls them Center Stage Cards. I made two, so far. The first one took a bit, but the second was a lot faster, so I may make some more. I've used older Concord & 9th and Gina K Designs sets.

Card one uses all Concord & 9th stamp sets and fits will with Kim's sketch for this challenge, the front being a large sentiment. The background is made using a C&9th winter Turnabout stamp. The sentiment and trees are from the same stamp set that I used on the inside of the card. I added some small GKD Frozen gems around the front for embellishments.




Here is the inside with the Center Stage technique.



For the second card, I cut a circle out of some masking paper and ink blended a "northern lights" effect in the circle. Before stamping the silhouette images, I splattered some white paint across the front. After stamping, I added a few GKD Micro Disco Ball sequin.




Here is the Center Stage inside for this card. The images are from a different GKD set than the set used to make the front of the card.



As are most of Jennifer's techniques, this is pretty fun and impressive, yet fairly simple to make. I recommend you watch her video and give it a try.

Thanks for checking in,

Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Card 1 from Concord & 9th and Card 2 Gina K Designs
Paper: Concord & 9th and Gina K Designs card stock
Ink: Concord & 9th, Gina K Designs, and Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Inks and Copic Markers
Other: Gina K Designs Masking Magic, SSS Nested Arches dies, Spellbinders Nested Circle dies, Dr pHMartins white paint, blending brushes, Gina K Designs Frozen rhinestones and Micro Disco Ball sequins, Connect glue

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous! I love the sweet trees with that great sparkly background. And then the surprise when it is opened is wonderful! The second card with the northern lights is gorgeous also! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!