About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

April Showers

Hello,

I hope your weekend was awesome! As usual, it was too short for me. I had a very busy work week and didn't get any stamping time in until yesterday, and only for just a few hours late last night. Today, I made sure to spend some quality time with my stamps, paper and ink.

As soon as I saw the uber cute Simon Says Stamp set called Abby's Spring Showers around blogland, I knew I wanted it. Unfortunately, it went on backorder very soon after release. I was able to place my order last weekend. It arrived on Thursday, so of course I had to ink it up as soon as I could.

I used this weeks The Paper Players Tic Tac Toe challenge for my inspiration. I choose the center horizontal line of die cuts, sequins, and any shade of blue. The sketch layout is from The Freshly Made Sketches no. 179.




I started with the raindrop stencil that is part of the stamp and die set. Using Soft Sky card stock I sponged craft white ink through the raindrop stencil. I then moved the stencil slightly and sponged  on Soft Sky ink. I used this technique by Jennifer McGuire. Using the MFT stitched rounded rectangle die, I cut the raindrop piece for the top panel in the sketch.

Abby is stamped in memento black ink and colored with Copics. I cut her out using the set dies. The umbrella is paper pieced with papers from the same 6x6 pad that I used for the umbrella background. I used some very small pink flower sequins on the pockets of her jacket and another on the sentiment banner die. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but I used my Wink Of Stella glitter pen over the puddle. IRL it's shinny.

Supplies
Stamps: Abby's Spring Showers set by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: SU Soft Sky and Wisper White card stock, XPress-It Blending card stock, Garden Party by Pebbles patterned papers
Ink: memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Primrose Petals, Soft Sky and craft whisper white
Other: Simon Says Stamps dies, MFT Die-namics rounded stitched rectangle and pierced fishtail flags dies, Fiskers corner rounder punch, flower sequins, pink Stickles, Wink Of Stella clear glitter pen, white gel pen, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Have a wonderful week everyone and thanks for looking in,
Colleen



7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Your coloring is wonderful....love the raindrops! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Your backgrounds are perfect for the cute coloured image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card Colleen! I love that sweet little girl and her umbrella! Great colouring! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza, this is one amazing card...your coloring is superb! I love the little shadowed raindrops too...very clever! I just watched a Jennifer Maguire video, she is a talented person who generously shares her ideas! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! You have created a perfectly themed card that really made a splash with me! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, this is amazing!!!! I love every detail! Your coloring is fantastic and I love the raindrop background you created! Thank you very much for joining my BINGO challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!