I hope you all had a relaxing and nice weekend. Here on the Southern California coast, we had rain, finally! It rained most all day on Saturday, off and on Sunday, and today it's wet and very windy. It was a perfect weekend to stay in my craft room, which is exactly what I did.
I only made one card, however. I started an organization project that is going to go on for many days, mostly because it's kind of involved and also because I will work on it as time allows. My project is to un-mount all of my old SU wood-mounted stamps (and I have many, many sets going back to the mid-90s) and store them in Avery Elle clear sleeves, which is how I store all of my non-wood mounted sets.
Currently, all of my older wood mounted SU sets are in book cases in our garage. They are un-organized and I have a hard time finding particular sets when I decide to use one. So, I did some research on the web to see how other folks have accomplished this. Basically, heat the blocks for about 10 secs in a microwave, then peal off the stamp. This is working very well, and I've gotten through several sets so far. Here are a couple of pictures of the wooden blocks with the stamps removed, from 152 SU stamp sets. I'm also trying to remove the plastic pictures from the blocks as well. The middle bag below I still need to do the labels. I will check with our local recycling company to see if they will take these blocks. Hopefully! I hate to have to put them in the garbage that will go to the landfills.