About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

You're Cool

Happy Wednesday Peeps,

Claire is the hostess for the Paper Players Challenge this week with a Snow theme. It's also the monthly CAS challenge. I had made another card for the challenge on Sunday afternoon, but decided it really didn't fit the CAS part of the challenge. I'll add it's picture at the end of this post as I do really like how it turned out.

Last night I sat down to make something more CAS and while looking through my stamps, I decided on a different kind of "snow" than the one we usually think of. Here is my snow themed card featuring snow cones.





I did add a large snowflake for the background with a stencil and blending brush, but the focal images are the frosty snow cones. The dies are from Concord & 9th and go with the Cool Treats Turnabout stamp set. The paper cones are cut from white card stock and stamped with pastel inks using a stamp from the Cool Treats set. The snowballs are also cut from white card stock and colored with Copics. I brushed several layers of Nuvo glitter over them for a frosty look. 

The card base is white card stock and I used a Gina K Designs large snowflake stencil and a blending brush to make the background to add that traditional snow element.

On the inside, I've used stamps from the Concord & 9th Snowflakes Turnabout stamp set.



 Here's the first card that I made. This is a one layer card, other than the sentiment strips, but that's probably the only CAS part of it. The masking, ink blending and embossing took quite awhile to do. The colors are really pretty IRL. It kind of glows. I've been on an ink blending kick for awhile. This technique is called Joseph's Coat. I've mades several cards using this technique, although I've not posted any of them as of yet, but I will over the next few weeks.



On a more personal note, I had a rather eventful day. First, I enjoyed watching the Inauguration this morning (9:00 am my time) then had both a colonoscopy and endoscopy late this afternoon. I'm happy to report nothing found, and I'm good for another 10 years. Now, I'm looking forward to dinner, since it's been about 36 hours since I've eaten.

Have a great Thursday, Friday and weekend! Thanks for looking,

Colleen

Supplies for Snow Cone card

Concord & 9th Cool Treats and Snowflakes Turnabout stamp sets, Cool Treats dies, Gina K Designs Snowflake stencil, Gina K Designs Heavy white card stock, Gina K Designs Turquoise Sea and Black Onyx ink, Copic Markers, Gemini Jr, Misti, blending brushes, SU Dimensionals, Connect glue, enamel shapes


2 comments:

  1. Colleen, I love your snow cones!!! This is a very "cool" card. The snowflake in the center makes it very frosty indeed. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SNOW cute!! Love those frosty treats especially with the snowflake behind them! So happy you shared this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!