About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, February 24, 2024

Happy Easter

 Hello and Happy Saturday,

Today I'm sharing an Easter card, the first I've made for this year's holiday. I've used Kim's sketch for this week's Freshly Made Sketches along with the colors of mint and lalic for the current Color Hues challenge.





I started with some older Stampin' Up gingham print DSP in mint and lilac shades to use as the border elements in Kim's sketch. Using an SU stitched die and partial die cutting I cut these borders to fit the sketch. For the white background panel I first cut the bunny shape then used a Concord & 9th card front die to add the dimension, finally gluing a piece of purple gingham on the back. After gluing all the pieces in place, I stamped the greeting, popped up the die cut egg and added the little pom-pom bunny tail.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, 
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Early Spring mini stamp set by Gina K Designs
Paper: Stampin' Up white and Highland Heather card stock and gingham DSP
Ink: Gina K Black Onyx ink
Other: Some Bunny dies by Gina K Designs, Basket Weave Card Front die from Concord & 9th, Ornate Layers dies from Stampin' Up, Big Shot, Misti, small white pom-pom, small white pearl, Connect liquid glue, SU Dimensional


7 comments:

  1. Great use of all the DSP in our challenge colors Colleen, and that little bunny cut out with the pompom tail is absolutely ADORABLE! Thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at the Color Hues Challenge! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gingham bunny with the various patterns behind him - it's just right for the season! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is super sweet! I love the soft and fresh color palette and cute gingham bunny. Thanks for joining us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our colors at Color Hues scream Easter and your card is just as darling as can be! Love the papers and of course the pom pom. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Easter card is absolutely adorable, Colleen! Such a clever design using the bunny negative space and that pom pom tail make me giggle! So sweet and I'm so glad you decided to play along over at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet, charming Easter card! The plaid bunny, complete with a pom pom tail, makes me smile! Adorable! Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!