About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, February 18, 2024

LIfe Is Better with Friends

 Hello,

I'm squeaking in at the last minute with my card for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge. 

Linda's sketch had tons of possibilities for the shaped piece, but I went with the sketch drawing and used an oval for these three critter friends enjoying some coffee together. This is a fairly new Gina K  Designs stamp and die set, but instead of using the dies to cut out the animals, I did some old fashioned masking to make their little grouping on the oval.

Many of the elements for this card were chosen for episode 202 of Craft Roulette. The parameters this week are:
    Project: a 5 x 7 inch card
    Colors: Formal and Informal (Black sentiment on a white background for formal colors and various other colors used to color the animals)
    Element: Warm (coffee)
    Random: Crisscross (diagonal  plaid DSP)

I'm also posting my card to the new Paper Players challenge, where Ann has the monthly Clean and Simple challenge with a theme of friendship.






Enjoy your day!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Coffee Critters stamp set by Gina K Designs
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White card stock, SU Cherry Cobbler and Basic Black card stock, SU Retired DSP
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx, Copics
Other: Spellbinders Oval die, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 8 die set, Misti, Big Shot, SU Dimensionals


5 comments:

  1. I agree 100% with this sentiment...and that this is a super-duper cute card! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this card is as cute as can be, Colleen! This has to be one of the sweetest images. I LOVE the sentiment. Thank you so much for playing in my Clean and Simple Friendship challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super-cute! These critters are just adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice trio of friends! So cute. Thanks for joining us at Paper Players this week. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very cute and perfect! Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!