About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Sale-a-bration Fun: Hello There

 


Happy Tuesday,

Ann Marie has a fun sketch for the Paper Players challenge this week. It has lots of layers and I took the opportunity to use up some stashed patterned papers.

I hadn't used this new Sale-a-bration set, Jungle Pals, yet and I decided I wanted to use it for my card. When looking through my SU DSP I found the Animal Expedition papers and voila, a perfect paring. In addition to the stamp set, I used some of the coordinating Jungle Pals dies, a Sale-a-bration option as well. These I cut from white card stock and ink blended the colors. The centers of the flowers are sparkly, light yellow enamel dots from SU.

The background is created using a Spellbinders embossing folder and lightly rubbing an ink pad over the raised areas. In this case, I used Gina K Designs Key Lime ink.




Here's the inside of the card using more of the Animal Expedition DSP and another of the cute critter images.




My plans for the rest of the day are as follows:  cut some batting for a quilt that I'm helping a friend make so we can send it for the quilting (the top she has finished piecing and the backing is all prepped), then I have two Congrats cards to make. One for a friend that is retiring on March 1 and the other for friends that just bought a new house and are moving from Oregon back to California. (I'm so happy that they will be closer again.) I hope you have some fun, crafty plans too.

Thanks for checking in,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Jungle Pals and Softly Sophisticated stamp sets by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Thick Basic White & Lemon Lime Twist card stock, Animal Expedition DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Gina K Designs Key Lime, Jelly Bean Green, Grass Green & Passionate Pink, Copics
Other: Jungle Pals dies, Gina K Designs Double and Single stitched circle dies and Master Layouts 2 banner die, Spellbinders embossing folder, Misti, Big Shot, SU enamel dots, Connect glue, SU Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. How cute is this and a great way to show off those cute critters. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great co-ordination of this set with those papers Colleen and I love the pop of pink! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!