About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Warmest Wishes & Sunshine


Hi and Happy Sunday,

The February Monthly Mix challenge on the Gina K Designs FB Group is to use paper strips on our cards. Since it's almost the end of February, I played around some last night using strips with stenciled images and made two completed cards. In addition to posting these to the GKD FB group, I'm also playing along with the Anything Goes Stenciling challenge at Just Us Girls.



  


The first stencil and strips combination that I tried was the blue mandala snowflake. Using one of the dies from ML 8, I cut strips from Gina K.'s teal card stock shades. I used the die because I wanted the strips to be the same width and using the die ensured that they are. After gluing all of the strips to a 2.25 x 5.5 inch panel, I placed the mandala stencil over it and used a sponge dauber to apply white craft ink . I put this aside to dry and placed the stencil centered over a white card base and used a blending brush to blend Soft Stone ink over the stencil. I glued the strip panel over the center matching the pattern. The sentiment is heat embossed with white EP and cut out with a small stitched circle die from ML 7 and layered to it's shadow die cut from white. Finally I added many Frozen rhinestones around the mandala image to complete the card.



For the second card I followed the same process, but I wanted to see if I could make it work with a layering stencil. I choose the GKD Sunflower Layering stencil and used shades of yellow for the strips. For the stenciling on the white card base I used a very light shade of yellow. For stenciling on the strips I used white craft ink for the first layer and a medium yellow shade for the second layer. Again, the sentiment is heat embossed with white EP and cut out using the circle dies from ML 3. For embellishing this card I used yellow pearls from GKD.



This is such a fun process, and results in some very pretty note cards. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
All from Gina K Designs
Stamps: Fancy Flowers Mini and Filled With Sunshine Mini sets
Paper: Layering Weight white, Black Onyx, Tranquil Teal, Turquoise Sea, Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Lemon Drop, Sweet Corn, Prickly Pear, Honey Mustard, and Wild Dandelion card stock
Ink: White Craft, Soft Stone, Lemon Drop, Prickly Pear
Stencils: Snowflake Mandala and Sunflower Layering
Other: Frozen rhinestones, Rainbow Pearl mix, Connect Glue, Blending Brushes, Sponge Dauber, Fine Detail White embossing powder, Master Layouts 8, 3, 7

3 comments:

  1. Colleen... what a creative technique! Love how you stenciled over your striped background. So lovely using the combination of white and gray inks. Such a great idea! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great technique and you executed it beautifully, Colleen. I never would have thought to stencil over strips. Using the white ink on the second card gave a continuous look to the flower. So perfect! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is a well-deserved win over at JUGS! Love, that overlaid stencil, great technique!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!