About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Life's A Beach

Happy Sunday all,

I hope you're enjoying this long weekend. I know I am. I've been doing two of my favorite things, stamping and watching tennis. Most of my stamping has been making Christmas cards for my craft group get together in a few weeks. The ladies wanted examples and I've been using new SU sets. I'll share some of them in later posts.

For this post, I have a beach themed card. Even though the calendar is saying it's the end of Summer, here in San Diego, not so much. We're heading to a little afternoon party in a few hours, and this will be a "thank you" card for our hosts. (although you'll notice it doesn't actually have Thank You as a stamped sentiment.)






This is one of my favorite stamp sets. It's called Beside the Sea and it's by Avery Elle. I stamped the beach house image twice onto water color paper using SU black Archival ink and watercolored them with Zig Real Brush markers in a rainbow pattern. The card base is SU Coastal Cabana card stock. I used the SU Seaside embossing folder on the next layer, also Coastal Cabana card stock. The patterned papers are Doodlebug, but I don't remember from what 6 x 6 pad. The sketch inspiration is from the As You See It Challenge. I put the sentiment panel on the bottom, for my card, it looked better there. The little seagull is from the same stamp set.

I kept the inside super simple with the other sentiment and another image from the set.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of your day,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Beside the Sea set by Avery Elle
Paper: SU Coastal Cabana and Whisper White card stock, Doodlebug patterned papers
Ink: SU Archival Black, Zig Real Brush markers, SU Coastal Cabana, Memento tuxedo black, Copics
Other: Beside the Sea Elements dies, SU Seaside embossing folder, foam tape, Gemini Jr

3 comments:

  1. What a super card! I love this little row of beach cottages! I thought the sketch lent itself well to buildings and this rainbow of cottages is a perfect way to see it. Thank you for joining us at As You See It with this bright beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beachy card! I love the bright colours and the background texture! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you keep outdoing yourself with these cute cards you've been creating! I LOVE this...it's so fun and colorful, and those beach huts are perfect for our sketch challenge! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!