About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, September 10, 2018

I'm So Thankful and Hugged You In My Thoughts

Hello and happy Monday afternoon,

It is a happy Monday for me, as I happen to have a light week for work all week. Just a few customer visits, but mostly I'll be in my home office doing some required web based training modules. I'm not even going to complain about the added training, because next week I'm back on the road.

Mr. Personal Chef and I are watching our neighbor's dog, Sadie, again as Sadie's dad is having a medical procedure that requires a couple days in the hospital, and we thought we'd give her mom one less thing to deal with during this stressful time. Here's Sadie hanging out with me in my craft room last night.


She's a sweet pup!

On to today's card post. The As You See It Challenge has a fun Back to Basics theme this week. Creating the "old" way with limited tools. I remember when I first started stamping, it was just card stock, a little patterned paper that came in books with certain themes, markers or colored pencils and ribbon. I remember using lots of raffia. (I don't even have any of that now.) I also remember layering card stock colors to make the images stand out more. So, for these cards, I did go back to basics. Stamping, coloring, layering and twine.




I made two card using two different Fall themed Pure Innocence stamps. They are each stamped on X-Press It Blending card stock with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored with Copics. I trimmed the panel to layer, and added the twine. No additional embellishments, dies, punches etc. Not even dimensionals or foam tape. These took no time at all to color and layer, so I made two.

Hope your evening is restful and Tuesday is a good day.
Thanks all,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence sets Jumping For Joy and Thankful Friend by My Favorite Things
Paper: X-Press It Blending card stock, SU Hello Honey, Cajun Craze and Concord Crush card stock, MFT Gingham patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Metallic and Red Baker's twine

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet images, Colleen. It's an interesting exercise to go back to basics, isn't it? I like they way you've offset the layers in the left hand card - it's such a simple but effective trick. Thank you for joining us at As You See It this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first, Sadie is adorable and I am sure she was welcome company as you were crafting! Second, these little cards are as sweet as can be! And I used to use raffia too! It was definitely an "in" thing back in the day! Your twine is a perfect substitution! Thanks for sharing these with us at AYSI this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images are adorable, Colleen, and you've done an expert job of colouring them. You have perfectly captured the flavour of our As You See It Challenge this week in Back to the Basics!! I like your twine and layering trick here! Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!