About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Hello

Happy Thursday peeps,

I'm almost late getting my card posted for this week's Paper Players challenge. For some reason I couldn't come up with an idea for Joanne's color choices. I was mulling it around lying in bed last night and thought of this Altenew set, so this morning I put it to paper to see how it would look. Kind of pretty, actually.





As you can see from the graphics, I used the new Freshly Made Sketch as my layout. I actually have a paper cutter that cuts in a wavy line and that was perfect for the bottom of my panel.

I began by stamping the outline of the flower in Memento tuxedo black randomly on X-Press It Blending card stock. Then using the Mini Misti, I stamped the stem in Mint and the flower in layers of Perfect Plum. I thought it needed a few fills around the flowers, and the stamp set has several small images that worked well for this.

The card base is Sahara Sand. I cut another small piece of Sand card stock and used the TE Burlap EF and layered the top panel over it using fun foam.

The "hello" sentiment is Avery Elle, which after I placed it, I realized it's not in the right place according to Jen's sketch. Of course, I had to add some embellishments, this time in the form of light green enamel dots.

Here's the inside using Joanne's color theme.



We're almost to the end of the week. That makes me happy! I'm working late this afternoon, which is why I had time to do this card this morning. Have a great rest of your day.

Thanks for coming by,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Altenew sets Peony Bouquet and Beautiful Day
Paper: X-Press It Blending, SU Sahara Sand, Mint Macaron, Perfect Plum, and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Sahara Sand, Mint Macaron, Perfect Plum
Other: Taylored Expressions Burlap EF, Avery Elle Hello die, Mini Misti, the Big Shot, fun foam, enamel dots

12 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, Colleen! Such a pretty floral image and you've created a wonderful card with it...Altenew always makes the best florals!!! Love that embossed portion as well...a nice contrast! Thanks for playing with our PP colors this week! AND....thank you for my WONDERFUL Easter card, Cassidy was AMAZED when she saw it! I will treasure it forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You (and Cassidy) are welcome. I'm happy you love it. Happy Easter, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the bright blooms..SOOO pretty. Thanks for playing along this week at PP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Love those purple flowers! They are so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Colleen - your falling flower card is just beautiful! I love the textured bottom panel too, this is a little different and a nice contrast. Thanks for joining my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen, this is just GORGEOUS. The textured bottom and curved elements add another layer of sophistication and dimension. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty! Love your take on the sketch and color challenges. So soothing. The purple is so yummy and I really like where you placed the enamel dots. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Colleen for being Headliner
    your card is so feminin and clever used the color combo
    I am so happy too being pick as Honorable mention
    so so happy if you like to visit my shoe card :)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card...and a true Headliner for sure! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the colors are amazing, and I love the sentiment inside, too. Your plum print looks just like designer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and a brilliant way to use the colors! Those flowers are so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is lovely and I really like the colors that you chose. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!