About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

From Our House To Yours

Hi stamping friends,

I saw the sweet inspiration photo on the Inspired By All the Little Things challenge blog this week and immediately had a thought. After a few tweaks from what my mind's eye was seeing and I came up with this card.





I used the Avery Elle Christmas Chalet set and dies. The papers are from a bag of random papers that I got at a local store several years ago. They are all kraft with either white, red or gold patterns. I loved them when I purchased them, but have rarely used them. I think they were perfect for this challenge's theme.

The chalets are stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white EP. I used the corresponding dies to cut them out, then arranged them on the card base, which is another piece of paper from the same group.  (The white dots reminded me of snow).

Supplies
Stamps: Christmas Chalet set by Avery Elle
Paper: Whisper White card stock and kraft patterned papers (company unknown)
Ink: VersaMark and SU Real Red
Other: Christmas Chalet dies, Lawn Fawn small banner die, SU white EP, heat tool, the Big Shot, dimensionals


Some non-paper crafting: Since I've been taking a "stay-cation" from work the last few weeks, I made a quilt for the 2 month old little guy next door. He was born on Halloween evening. I finished the quilt last night and took some pictures of it outside this morning. I'll give it to his mom and dad later this week. I'm not an exceptional seamstress, but this one turned out pretty nicely. (For anyone that's interested, this is a Fig Tree quilt pattern)



Thanks for looking in and enjoy the rest of your day,
Colleen

5 comments:

  1. Love your sweet little village on the card (especially the polka dots peeking out) but wow oh wow - the quilt. It's beautiful and you are very talented. And what a nice neighbor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute stamp set, love how you made a grouping of houses! Thanks for playing with us at Inspired by all the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your gingerbread houses are wonderful, Colleen! Thanks for joining us on Inspired By All The Little Things this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fun striped houses! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an amazing quilt! You did some wonderful work on it. I have to say, while you missed out on your trip to Europe, your staycation looks like it was fun and productive! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!