About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, February 29, 2024

To My Friend

 Hi all,

Happy Leap Day 2024!

I don't have a Leap Day card for you but I do have a sweet birthday card for a sweet friend. Since yesterday was the last Wednesday of the month, it's time for the February edition of Woodblock Wednesday. I still have many wood mounted rubber stamps and this challenge makes me gives me a chance to use them.

For this month's card, I pulled out some very old SU DSP to go along with my old stamps for this birthday card. After I finished, I realized that the colors in the papers work well for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge. The colors this week are sage, burgundy and rose.






The tea cups stamp is from Stampendous, circa 1998. I stamped it with black ink and colored it with colored pencils. It's cut out with a Gina K Designs Double stitched circle die then layered over a Pink Fresh Studio circle die called Ornate Circle cut from sage card stock. I heat embossed the sentiment with white EP, from a wood mounted SU stamp, circa 1999 and cut it out with a tiny Spellbinders Scalloped Circle die.

The inside greeting is a Judith wood mounted stamp, circa 1994. I added a strip of the DSP at the bottom of the white panel and layered it onto some sage card stock.





Here are the stamps used for this card.




I just love looking through the gallery each month to see the creativity with these wood mounted stamps!

Thanks, and enjoy your extra day.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Stampendous Tea cups, Judith Birthday Joy For You, Stampin' Up To My Friend
Paper: Stampin' Up Basic White Thick and Pear Pizzazz card stock, Bella Rose DSP (retired)
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx and Craft White
Other: Polychromos Colored Pencils, Gina K Designs Double Stitched Circle die, Pink Fresh Studio Ornate Circle die, Spellbinders Scalloped Circle die, Gina K Designs Fine Detail white embossing powder, heat tool, stash enamel dots, Big Shot, Foam Tape, Connect glue, SU Dimensionals


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful mix of stamps for a gorgeous design!
    Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!