About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Warm Hello & Knit Happens

Hi all,

Another rainy day here in SoCal. I hear that the Tahoe area has already received 42 inches or more of snow this weekend, so a little rain is no worry.

I spent some time yesterday evening and this morning playing with the Freshly Made Sketch for this week and made two cards.

This first one uses all Stampin' Up supplies. I bought this suite when it first came out, but I haven't really done much with it. While looking through my DSP stash, I landed on this paper, and so that's where this card's inspiration started. Instead of using just the coordinating stamp set for everything, I pulled out the Circle Sayings set for the focal circle images.




For the inside of this card, I added a border die and left the center blank to write a note.


Card two uses Concord & 9th supplies for the focal images and greeting. Again, I think this is the first time I've used this stamp and die set. It's pretty cute. For the background, I used a Gina K Designs background stamp that matches the knitting theme perfectly. To make the knitting needles more "real" I added Glossy Accents over them and glued some silver balls to the tops.




The greeting on the inside is also from the same stamp/die set.





Enjoy your Sunday,
Colleen

Supplies Card 1
Stamps: Circle Sayings and Seaside Bay sets by Stampin' Up
Paper: Stampin' Up Basic White Thick and Night of Navy card stock, By the Bay DSP
Ink: VersaMark, Early Espresso
Other: Stampin' Up Seaside Bay, Deckled Circle and Radiating Stitches dies, gold embossing powder, Misti, Big Shot, SU Dimensionals

Supplies Card 2
Stamps: Knitting Together set by Concord & 9th and Close Knit Background stamp by Gina K Designs
Paper: Concord & 9th Fig, Grape Soda and white card stock
Ink: Concord & 9th Fig and Grape Soda
Other: Concord & 9th Knitting Together and Knit With Care dies, Gina K Designs Double Stitched circle die, Misti, Big Shot, Glossy Accents, Gina K Designs silver dots, SU Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Love them both but especially the ball of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful cards! I have that SU paper as well just hanging around in my paper basket! You put it to good use! And I love that ball of yarn! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great set of cards! I just love that paper! Those foiled fish are fantastic! Love that fun ball of yarn as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!