About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Thanks

 Hi and happy Tuesday peeps,

I've had a busy morning getting some chores completed (taxes), and my daily walk. Now it's time to do fun things. Not that I don't enjoy the daily walk, because I do. Today it's sunny, low 60s, and beautiful out by the beach. But, even with all of that, I'd rather be in my craft room, LOL.

Today's card is a thank you card for my stash made using LeAnne's sketch for The Paper Players Challenge. I had a bunch of ideas on how to use these four elements and I decided to go with a spotlight technique. This is a very large flower stamp by SSS. I stamped it first on some light blue card stock using gray ink, then again on white card stock using black ink. I colored the images on the white card stock using Prisma colored pencils and Gamsol, then used a small scalloped rectangle to cut the areas I wanted.




I rather like the way this turned out. 
I used another SSS set for the inside sentiment.




I hope you have a great Tuesday afternoon.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Flower Garden background and XL Greetings sets both by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: Concord & 9th Powder Blue, Gina K Designs Layering Weight White and Black Onyx card stocks
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx, Soft Stone, and Embossing ink
Other: Prismacolor colored pencils, Gamsol, Spellbinders Scalloped rectangle dies, WOW white embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Big Shot, SU Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I haven't done a spotlight card in forever and I love how you incorporated the sketch into yours! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Players! Much better than doing taxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Colleen! The panels are beautifully colourful but I really love the way the spotlight against the tone on tone base. Thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Colleen! As always, your coloring is perfection, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!