About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 10, 2024

the Best of Luck

Hello and happy Sunday,

Green is my favorite color so of course I had to play along with this week's Just Us Girls Color Challenge. I wasn't quite sure about putting these two shades together, lime and green, but I love the bright result.  

The theme for my card comes from the current Inspired By Challenge.

The background is created using a Turnabout stamp from Concord and 9th. Instead of using different colors I used lime for all four rotations. The stamp set has small stamps to add images to some of the shapes and I again used lime for tone on tone.  For the focal image, I had to get crafty and made a four-leaf clover using a heart die because the dies in my stash are too small. 








Here's the inside of the card. The greeting is from Spellbinders and the clover stamped image from Gina K Designs.




I've been watching Indian Wells Tennis this week and I'll probably do more of the same today. I can craft or color while watching. I picked up a couple of coloring books by Johanna Bashford. She has beautifully drawn images, especially her flowers and they were very inexpensive at Amazon. I've been practicing with colored pencils. It's such a relaxing activity for me.

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon. 
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Pop Heart Turnabout set by Concord and 9th, Luck and Love set with dies by Gina K Designs and Lily Arch set and dies by Spellbinders
Paper: Layering weight white, Lucky Clover and Black Onyx by Gina K Designs
Ink: Key Lime, Black Onyx, Craft White and Embossing ink pad by Gina K Designs
Other: Concord & 9th heart die, Gina K Designs fine detail white and gold embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Big Shot, Stampin' Up dot embossing folder, SU Dimensionals, Connect glue

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! Love the background paper and the inside of the card. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and cheerful card! I love that turnaround stamp but I have a mini Misti and C&9th told me I need the bigger one. (sigh) I also love that you carried your design theme inside. Thaks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the greens! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Colleen. Great layout and shades of green. Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen... love the use of the turnabout stamp. A perfect background for your shamrock! Thanks so much for joining and sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!