About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Going Postal - March Woodblock Wednesday Post

 Hi and happy Hump Day Peeps,

What's the saying? Everything old is new again. 

If you've been paying attention around blog-land lately, postal images seem to be all the rage. I've even ordered some of the new stamps and dies in the last month to play with. This morning when I realized it was time for Amy's Woodblock Wednesday Challenge, and I was thinking of what's in my wood mounted stamp drawers, I remembered that I might have some older postal images. I did some digging and found what I had. Enough to make a couple of cards.




I used several stamps to make both of these cards, as well as some newer dies to cut out the panels including GKD Master Layouts 14, which is a postage themed die set. To color the images, I used both Copics and some direct to stamp ink blending prior to stamping, and I also did some ink blending around the edges of the cream card stock on both front panels.


Here's a close up of the pink card front, the inside, and the stamps used. Notice the old fashioned stamp positioning tool. I used it to stamp the sentiments on the front so they were along the lines of the journaling stamp.







The lavender card front and the stamps used to make it.




It was fun putting all of these old stamps together to make these cards!

Happy stamping,
Colleen

Supplies
Wood mounted stamp manufacturer's: All Night Media, Sparkles, Rubber Stampede, Stampin' Up, Rubber Moon, Judith, Tin Can Mail, Hero Arts, A Lost Art, Magenta
Paper: Gina K Designs Innocent Pin, Lovely Lavender, Charcoal Brown, Black Onyx, Vanilla
Ink: Gian K Designs Black Onyx, Charcoal Brown, Prickly Pear, Wild Lilac, and Craft White. Copic markers
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1, 2, 14, Blending brushes, Big Shot, WOW white EP, heat tool, foam tape, Connect glue


1 comment:

  1. Both of your projects are sooooo pretty. It's so fun to see what stamps you used for each card.
    Thanks so much for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!