About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, March 4, 2024

Hello

Happy Monday,

I hope you all had a nice weekend. It was a quiet one here and I spent a few hours both days in my craft room.

This is a card that I made yesterday afternoon. I'm submitting it to two challenges. Just Us Girls has the "CASE the Designer" challenge this week. I don't play with these often as I get lost in the details for some reason. The second challenge is for the Color Hues turquoise and green colors.

I decided to CASE Lisa's card. I liked the single die cut image, and I knew I had several die options I could use. Here's Lisa's very pretty card I used as inspiration.


 

This is how I CASED it. Instead of stamping images in the background, I used a SSS cover plate with a similar design as the large SSS flower die that I used as the focal image. I used a die cut sentiment instead of a stamped one. The green and turquoise shades of card stock are from Gina K Designs as is the hello sentiment die, and the turquoise and green pearl embellishments. The black card stock is from Erin Lee and it has a glossy black finish.





There is a coordinating background stamp and I used it to stamp images in opposite corners on the inside of the card. The sentiment is from the SSS set called XL Greetings.




Enjoy the rest of your day, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Chunky Flower background stamp and XL Greetings set both by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: Gina K Designs Jelly Bean Green, Turquoise Sea, Sea Glass, Layering Weight white card stock, Erin Lee Glossy Black card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Black Onyx and Sea Glass
Other: Simon Says Stamp Chunky Flower die, Gina K Designs Scripty Hello die, Simon Says Stamp Detail Mandala Plate die, Gina K Designs pearl embellishments, Misti, Big Shot, Connect glue, SU Dimensioals



7 comments:

  1. I just love this CASE of Lisa's card this week in your bold, fabulous colors! That pierced background and the enamel dots are great too! I'm so happy that you decided to play along with us this week and hope you play along in the future at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your CASE of my card, Colleen! I like the background you chose for your focal die cut, there's so much movement in it. Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you CASE of Lisa's card. The image you used is great and the design looks fab in bold colors. Thanks so much for playing our CASE the DT Member challenge at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think you did a great job on your CASE of Lisa's card! I love your deeper colors and your bold greeting. The background goes with your design perfectly! I am so happy you linked up with us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen what a lovely CASE of Lisa's card. I really like the stitching on the background of he card front. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a fabulous job with your CASE, and your card is so so pretty! I love your repeating of the patterns and the colors are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Colleen! I love the pretty detail on your card using our challenge colors! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!