About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, March 21, 2024

You're My Lucky Charm

Hello Peeps,

I've been working on a quilt this past week that will be a wedding gift. The wedding is in early August, but it never hurts to get started. I've gotten all of the blocks completed. Next is sewing the rows, but I first need to figure out how I want to put the colors together. Anyhoo, I put the sewing away for a bit to work on a few of this week's card challenges.

Since it's Thursday already, I decided I'd better get my card done for this week's Paper Players Challenge. Joanne has the monthly Clean and Simple challenge this week. She's chosen Lucky for a theme to go with the CAS challenge.

I pulled out an older MFT set call Lucky. It has some great sentiments along with some cute charm images, some large and some small. I decided I liked the Lucky Charm sentiment and thought of how to use it with the small images. I ended up hand drawing a charm bracelet and then I stamped the small images around it.




For the bracelet, I used an embossing ink pen to draw it and then added the gold EP but I didn't like how "flat" it was. I wanted it more like a chunky chain so I redrew the image on another piece of white card stock and used a fine tip glue bottle with Connect glue squeezing a fine line over the pencil drawing. After adding the gold EP and heating it, I liked the look much better. Next I stamped the small charms with embossing powder around the bracelet and embossed them with the gold EP. I cut the panel out using GKD Master Layouts 2 and matched the layering mat to the stamped sentiment color. The charms are colored with Copics.

Even though this is a CAS challenge, I still thought something else was needed so I found a flower stencil that I could add some background with. I used a very light hand with the blending brush as well as a very pale yellow shade.


Here's the inside with another sentiment and image from the Lucky stamp set.



That's all for now. 
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Lucky stamp set by My Favorite Things
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight white, Denim Blue and Lemon Yellow
Ink: Gina K Designs embossing ink, Blue Denim, Cherry Red and Lemon Yellow, Copics
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies, gold embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, Big Shot, Connect glue

5 comments:

  1. Colleen this is so clever - your lucky charm bracelet is very creative and perfect for the theme! Thanks for playing along with us for our Good Luck CAS Challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clean and simple with a great message. Very sweet card. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable! What a fun image as well as fun sentiments too! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, Colleen! Adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm grateful for the positive change your blog has brought into my life. Stay engaged with the Aviator game community through our blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!